Thursday 5 December 2013

They Have Eyes But Don't See

Haters, fakers and fornicators
Liars, thieves and murderers 
Yes Lord You died for them all, 
And Titus called it, 
He said: "they profess to know Him in word but deny Him deed and action" 
They look pretty Jesus when they dress up for You, 
Words sweet capturing the ear, 
Like a soft summer breeze, 
You can't help but notice 
You see,
And Lord YOU see, 
How? Why? I wanna know why? 
Where? 
Is the amazing saving grace they speak of? 
The convicting presence of Your precious Holy Spirit?
Why isn't it doing to them what it does to me? 
Why can't they see? 
How much they not only hurt themselves; 
But how they hurt You? 
Lord I know You bleed, 
I'll lie and say I feel Your pain but we both know that's not true,
You hurt much more than I do, 
Cuz You shed blood I couldn't, 
You sent Divinity, I couldn't do that Lord, 
But Lord, my heart does bleed, 
Sometimes I can't speak, 
But You know Lord cuz You see, 
The blood You still have to shed from Calvary,
Lord help THEM to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment