Saturday 2 June 2012

Longsuffering: Blood, Sweat And Tears

Blood, Sweat And Tears
Blood of Jesus shed on Calvary,
Sweat droplets in the garden of Gethsamane,
In that same garden He cried out,
They say tears are a language He understands:
You'll never remember me for my trophy I held up in the end,
But you'll remember greatly if the enemy punched me and twisted my face to the side,
The story of Job isn't most called upon to remember the blessings he got back in the end,
But for the loss, pain and mockery he had to endure,
Endure,
He had to endure!
His own friends had to question this God he chose to serve,
You sent Your Son to die on the cross,
And yes Lord, we remember His triumphant resurrection but whats laid up even more in our hearts?
The cross He had to carry,
The beatings He had to take,
The crown of thorns and the nails in His hands and feet,
He Had to endure,
He prayed so hard His sweat turned to blood,
That's the agony He had to go through,
He cried to His Dad,
"If it's Your will take this cup away from Me"
It hurts too much Daddy, I don't know if I can do it,
But He did it anyway,
Through Blood, Sweat and Tears,
He showed us the standard of a champion,
That all though it's okay to win,
Make sure it's for a cause,
"nevertheless, not My will but Yours be done"
When He said "it is finished" I'm sure He meant the blood, sweat and tears,
We can rejoice in death,
Because He did rise again,
True love suffers long, but true love lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment