Thursday 17 May 2012

My Beauty

Life is short and family is limited,
I have never forgotten 2 tell you I love you,
I just didn't have 2 guts 2 say it,
Dearly beloved mother,
I love even the way you sniff,
That cough that distinguishes you in a crowd,
The prayers you covered us with,
The way you can't see stuff and have 2 ask us to read it,
Walking home in the dark from a long days' work,
I'm also so very sorry for the trouble I caused you,
I let everybody know that you raised me better than this,
Now watch me spin it round and make you proud,
I love you ma,
And I don't think I could EVER, EVER repay you for everything single little thing you've done in my life,
For giving me a love that extends 2 your grandkids,
It's a pity they don't have a mother like you,
No really, a real shame,
I wish I had an ounce of the grace you have,
The resilience and determination,
Thank you, but the Most High, for life,
Thanking Him for sending one of His angels 2 raise me,
Can't really express my gratitude on a piece of paper but still I try,
I love you ma,
A love these white sheets can't display 2 you,
But just so you know,
I love you.
01/02/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment