Friday 4 May 2012

NO, I'M NOT OKAY

Hi, you alright? 
Yes I replied, I lied giving a smile as reassurance
She couldn't see through me though, 
Throughout the whole day I repeated this process 
Until......
Until the 15th person asked me, 
No I'm not okay, 
See I didn't understand as mature Christians in the faith they will drop what they're doin 2 comfort you and hear your story
I just thought they were asking it in passing not knowing that hearin you and helping me was giving Him glory....
Aaaaahhh see that's why the devil was whispering in my ear saying 'they don't really care yano, they're just asking as courtesy, no one wants to hear your sad stories or what sin you committed last night. They're here for the own eternal safety' 
Look up 'Christian' and I'm sure it will say 'one who is like Christ' and that in itself is self explanatory 
You can sit in a corner a cry but when you're done get on the phone and tell someone why! 
"As A Christian be a good Samaritan"
Drop what you're doing sometimes to help another fella out 
Love selflessly and unconditionally 
Nuh mek tru dem tell yu seh dem commit sin carnally
Yu a go turn judgemental, 
For He shall judge you and what will be your answer then? 
Self pity and bitterness will consume you, 
Leaving you dried up and feeling used, 
I wonder why I don't have anyone to talk to, 
Doesn't anyone care? 
Can anyone not see the hurt I'm feeling? 
Oh no they can't, 
Cuz the devil not only fools YOU into thinking you're 'okay',
He also gives you the mechanisms you need to display, 
The 42 teeth smile, the lies, the bubbly nature, 
He'll even use someone else if he has to! 
So I implore you, I beg and beseech you,
Please don't keep it to yourself, 
Write it down if you have to, 
Make a recording of it,
Whatever way feels best to you,
And just let someone know you're hurting, 
Cuz if you don't, there's nothing they can really do to help you, 
So just speak, 
NO I'M NOT OKAY! 
19/02/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment