Wednesday 29 August 2012

Today

Sometimes you have to go away to see God in a different light,
Today, He took me into the countryside,
And TODAY,
I'm giving thanks for sight today,
A drive in to the countryside made me appreciate the gift of sight,
Made me appreciate how much God takes care of us WITH His earth,
Showing me His sky,
Which is where I got my favourite colour,
The sun is out, it's heat pelting down,
You'd never know it through the trees that provide a perfect shade,
I saw hills that beckoned, nearly teased me to climb them just to see what's on the other side,
I saw, from hills, streams of water that just trickled delicately down,
Singing a soft tune,
Trickling down melodies,
Showing off their Daddy, their Maker,
I saw cows that provoked memories of a simpler time in my life,
He knows I love to see running water or large bodies of still water and today He showed me them in abundance,
Reminding ME of my Maker,
I saw baby sheep feeding in the fields reminding me that He is my Shepherd,
I shall not want,
And how He provides food for them to eat,
How much more so He will do for me,
I saw hills that looked nearly impossible to climb and reminded me that I can do all things through Him,
Those same hills, mountains even, went up to glorious peaks,
Showing off His creativity
The simplicity of breathing,
The creativity of His 'man'
How He provides ALL we need to thrive...
All in all reminding me that He is....

No comments:

Post a Comment