Wednesday 3 April 2013

F-A-M-I-L-Y

Family, 
The only word in the English dictionary that means nothing to me, 
But Christians aren't supposed to lie, right?
So I'll come clean, 
I'll let you know the truth, 
Which has been up till now, 
A secret, 
And a close guarded one, 
Just imagine the wall that Nehemiah rebuilt, 
On steroids, 
Up, alive and guarding this secret,
So here goes, 
Family, 
When I think, 
When I hear the word, 
Family, 
I feel distant, lonely, abandonment, suffer, abuse, alone, hurt, 
Feeling, 
Hurt feelings, 
Feelings too hurt to even know how I was feeling, 
Feelings buried alive, 
And not being dealt with, 
Only to be dug up years later, 
Forcing me to deal with feelings, 
The truth is I never really knew how to deal with feelings, 
Or family, 
So the real truth is you're strange to me, 
Don't upset me by calling me family, 
That means you'll only hurt, use and abuse me, 
So no, we ain't tight, 
We ain't family, 
Cuz that word only means pain to me.
F - feelings, A - abuse, M - missing, I - insignificant, L - loveLESS, Y - youth

No comments:

Post a Comment